As many of you probably have seen, tomorrow is the Spring Study Abroad Fair on campus. If you have not it is taking place on Wednesday February 12, 2014 in the Lower North Dining Commons from 10am-3pm. This fair is a great way to see various options of places that you can go but also to compare prices, excursions, and classes of the different programs.
I am not going to lie; the fair is extremely overwhelming because the amount of programs that are present at the fair is crazy. Walking in and seeing tables of professionals standing waiting for you to approach there table is baffling, but don’t worry I am here to give you a few tips of when you are going to walk up to the table.
- Greet the person running the table, they are intimidating but believe me they are extremely nice people.
- Ask if they go to the place in the World you are interested in. If they do then you can ask for the brochure as you think of some questions, if they don’t go to the place you are interested in, thank the person and go find a table that does because I guarantee there is at least two tables.
- Do you want to go for a summer, 1 semester or a full year? Once you think about that, ask the cost for the duration you are thinking of?
- Can you take classes in the location for your major or can you take courses for your minor?
- What excursions do they offer? This in my opinion is the most important part because you want to have fun while you are there too! It is not just for studying it is to experience new things.
- Good Luck tomorrow and if you have questions feel free to ask the study abroad office questions, they are there to help you too!!