When you are studying for finals, writing papers or just plain stressed, follow these quick tips to relax!
1. Get more sleep! If you’re sleep deprived, you’re going to be emotionally off balance. Get at least 7 or 8 hours of sleep a night if you can, no staying up with friends or watching Netflix. Just turn off the lights and self meditate before you drift off into sleep.
2. Take a break from school work to take an hour or thirty minute nap. Set a timer to wake you as well or you might over sleep! It will help you take a mental break and clear your mind, also helps you better retain information if you are studying rather than constantly taking in information.
3. Exercise, not necessarily going to the gym or running but even taking a walk along the bike path and getting some fresh air is relaxing for a tight, wound up body from stress.
4. Calling a friend or family member helps because you can talk things out with them and rant because they can support you and put things into perspective. Even if it is calling between classes for 5 minutes. It’s also great for building closer bonds with the ones you care about.
5. Listen to music. Not metal or loud, fast music genre, more like classical, acoustic, instrumental, or even nature sounds. On Spotify.com there are specific mood stations for relaxing so turn it on, take a break and listen to one of their stress relief music stations.