Have you ever dreamed of going to a different country or experiencing a new culture? If so, college is the perfect time to live out that dream. This is a time in your life where there are endless opportunities and possibilities right at your fingertips and it is up to you to take advantage of them!
Here are just a few reasons to travel abroad:
- The best way to learn a new language is to immerse yourself fully in the culture that speaks it! You could become bilingual in just a few months!
- Reading and watching shows on tv is cool but there is nothing quite like experiencing a culture firsthand and the only way to do that is through travelling and studying abroad.
- Life gets busy and if you love the idea of travelling it is a good idea to do it before you start your career or are too tied down to spend months in a different country.
- Studying abroad give you the chance to meet people from all around the world. FUN FACT: One of my best friends lives in Waldorf, Germany and I met her through a student exchange program!
- Studying abroad can enhance the value of your degree and make you more appealing to future employers! This is a major way to set yourself apart from others going for the same position.
- It is fun!! Life is about having new experiences, seeing the world, learning about yourself and having a good time and studying abroad will give you all of these experiences.
If you are convinced that studying abroad is something you would be interested (or even if you are not quite convinced yet) there is a Study Abroad Pizza Party going on March 30th from 3-5pm at Sullivan Building Room 202. There will be free pizza and the chance to learn about the study abroad experience from students who have participated in it! If you are interested, please RSVP with the Study Abroad Office by March 24 if you plan to attend.