Meditation is a great way to lower your stress levels and keep your mind clear and focused. If you have stress or have a hard time focusing, take a little time out of your schedule to relax yourself through these meditation tips.
- Go outside and sit down somewhere peaceful. Focus on only your senses in the present and not the past or future. Notice the cool breeze and observe the sounds around you. Don’t think, simply observe and enjoy nature.
- Lay down on your back with your arms out to your sides and your legs slightly spread apart. This is a perfect position to relax the body and practice deep breathing. Once you start to get a deep breathing rhythm going, focus on relieving stress in the part of your body, starting from your head and ending with your toes. With deep breathing and relaxing your most stressed parts of your body, you will feel more refreshed.
If you are not the one for meditation, here are other ways to relieve stress!
- Did you know that exercise can leave you relaxed too? Not only are you healthier by the end of the time at the gym, you feel better about yourself. If you’re like me and don’t like going alone, here’s the schedule of all the classes that you can take for free at the Gassett Fitness Center. http://www.salemstatevikings.com/documents/2015/1/9//Class_Schedule_S1590.pdf?id=440
- Eat healthy. Don’t be a food junkie, grab water instead of soda and carry around healthy snacks. Eating healthy keeps your energy up more during the day and your body responds better than eating sugar. Sugar gives you spikes of energy but will leave you tired, causing your body lots of stress.
- Another tip for the constantly busy college student is listening to calm music while going in between classes. Even during your class if you aren’t listening to music, you can still do some deep breathing wile in the middle of a class.