I know for some it is difficult to find the motivation to walk all the way to O’Keefe to get a good workout in; here are some exercises you can do right in your dorm room to keep in shape and avoid that “Freshman 15” (it’s real – I gained 20 lbs my freshman year).
If you live in Marsh Hall or Atlantic Hall there are gyms on the ground floor available for your use! They have cardio and strength training equipment!
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator – yes, even if you live on the top floor. Run the stairs even! Just watch out for other people and watch your step!
- Jumping Jacks
- Triceps: dips from your desk chair
- Biceps: Triangle Wall Pushup
- Abs: Planks, Crunches, Crunch with Twist for Obliques
- Legs: Squats (this also works out your butt!)
It is always important to make sure you stretch when you workout to avoid straining your muscles, tendons and joints. These workouts can be intensified with the purchase of tension bands or weights, but on their own are totally free and doable in your dorm room!
For some motivation, have your roommate do the exercises with you!
I found this information here.