Hey First Years! Can you believe it is already Thanksgiving break? You are almost finished with your first semester at Salem State University! Unfortunately, the end of the semester also means final exams and last minute assignments. However, it is important to enjoy your break and relax so that you can come back refreshed and ready to tackle the end of the semester. Here are a few things to put on your Thanksgiving break checklist to ease your mind about finals week.
- Spend time with family and friends: Catching up with friends from home and your family is a relaxing way to spend your break. Be sure to fill them in on all your new experiences and what you have been up to at SSU!
- Go to all your favorite hometown hangouts: Nothing makes me feel more at home than going to my favorite coffee place in my hometown and eating one of their famous muffins. Being away from home for a while always makes me appreciate the small things.
- Make a checklist of things to do for finals week: I know you may not want to think about final exams but having a plan on how to attack the end of the semester will keep your mind at ease. Being prepared is half the battle!
- Set your end of the semester goals: What do you want to accomplish by the end of the semester? How will you do it? Keep these questions in mind so that you come back with a new sense of motivation and the power to finish up strong.
- Think of what you are thankful for: This is a stressful time but reminding yourself of all the amazing things you have to be thankful for will boost your spirits. A positive attitude will lead you on the path to success!
Thanksgiving break is a mini vacation to spend with your family and friends before the stress of finals week sets in. Be sure to make the most of your time off from class and come back relaxed and ready to finish the semester strong!