Here at SSU we have many free resources to get help if you want to improve academically. These include but are not limited to peer tutoring. There are some courses in which students are required to intern as a peer tutor, so by singing up, you’re not only helping yourself, you’re helping other students!
To request a tutor in most subject areas or to request general academic support here are the steps:
**Note: Requesting foreign language tutors is a separate process described below
- Visit https://tutortrac.salemstate.edu and log in using your student ID and password.
- Search availability on the left side of the page.
3. Select the appropriate center to be tutored in:
Science Center (Chemistry, Biology, or Physics courses)
School of Nursing Harrington Building (Nursing Peer Tutoring)
Center for Academic Excellence (All other courses & general academic support)
- Select the course you’d like to be tutored in, adjust your time of availability, and Click “search”.
**Note: If you’re in need of general academic support select “Center for Academic Excellence”
and “GAS 100”
- Select a tutor and time.
Times in Green are 1-on-1 appointments
Times in Yellow are small group tutoring appointments (all group members must sign up)
Times in Blue are walk-in hours (Science Tutoring Center only) and appointments can not be made.
- Fill out the “Appointment Entry” form and click “save”.
Make sure to fill out the “notes” section so you can be more effectively tutored and take note of the location, which will also appear in your confirmation e-mail. Tutoring takes place in the Center for Academic Excellence or inside the Library (both are Level 1 of the Berry Library and Learning Commons). The Science Center is located on Level 0 of the Berry Library and Learning Commons. Nursing Tutoring takes place in the Harrington Building on South Campus if it is before 5pm. After 5pm, Nursing tutoring takes place in the Berry Library.
- If you want to be reminded by text,
make sure you activate the reminder
on the upper right corner of the log screen.
Here are the steps to request a foreign language tutor, and of you ask for a pink voucher, spoke teachers will even give you extra credit for seeking extra help!
- Hop onto http://www.lrc.salemstate.edu
- Select “language tutors” under the Main Links
- Follow the instructions on the page, and the tutor you request will contact you through, email, call, or text within 24 hours.