It’s that time of the year again… finals are quickly approaching and let’s face it, we’re all stressing out a bit. So, with that in mind, here are 5 tips to help make sure you do awesome on your finals and take care of yourself along the way!
- Start studying now!- It may sound crazy but start studying for your finals NOW. Breaking up your study time will help you to retain all of the information and ensure you rock your finals.
- Remember to breathe- Breathing has been scientifically proven to reduce stress levels. The next time you’re feeling stressed out, take a minute or two to take 3 nice long deep breaths. I’m sure you’ll find you feel much better after you do.
- Do something fun- Finals isn’t all about studying your brains out. All of your coursework and studying can get overwhelming. Remember to do something each day that you enjoy; it’ll take some of the pressure off and ensure your mental health is also a priority.
- Take care of yourself- During this crazy and hectic time of the year it’s easy to forget some basics of self-care. So, remember to get plenty of sleep (between 7-8 hours/night), eat healthy snacks and meals, and take a hot shower so that your body can be as sharp as your mind is.
- Have confidence- Remember to believe in yourself. It’s the home stretch and you’re so close to being done with your 1st year of college. You can do it & you totally rock!
If you’re still feeling overwhelmed there are resources that can help you:
First-Year Experience office- 978-542-2618, firstname.lastname@example.org
Counseling and Health Services-
Ellison Campus Center, suite 107, North Campus
All the best,