I’m Angelina, a mentor in the First Year Experience office at SSU. Here’s some fun facts for you to get to know me a little:
- I went to Colombia with a friend during the last week of summer.
- It’s my second year as the Secretaty of Repertory Dance Theatre, a dance club at SSU.
- I made a hat with fabric, cardboard, plastic bottles, aluminum cans, paint, and lots of sharpies for a DIY hat contest. (I did not win because others bribed the kids with candy, but I’m not bitter)
- I’ve eaten crickets, ant eggs, and cactus before.
- I helped my sister design her wedding cake.
- Last semester I took 8 classes (21 credits) and survived…barely.
- I’ve bathed in a volcanic crater of mud, and it got rid of my eczema for the time being!
- I have 3 on-campus jobs. I’m also a Dance Program Associate for the Dance department and a Spanish Tutor.
- My favorite color is purple.
- Whenever I have sore or injured muscles, I use tiger balm. It is the cure to almost all of my problems. And it smells so good.
- My brother and I have a goal to memorize the entirety of Spongebob Squarepants, the movie.
- I am majoring in Spanish with a concentration in Secondary Education as well as in Dance.
- This year I’m on the prowl as “the flicker” (tricking my friends into looking down at my finger and then flicking their nose).
- In order to survive, I need food, water, and puns.
- One Friday night I took a free online tea course for hours because that is my idea of fun. That being said, I am obsessed with tea and tisane.
- I have the Galaxy Note7, this is the phone that is prone to explode. . .
Thanks for taking the time to read, don’t hesitate to ask me any questions, the First Year Mentors are here to help!