Hey everyone! My name is Kelly, and I am a mentor in the First Year Experience office. Here are some fun facts about me!
- This is my third year working in FYE as a mentor and my fourth year at SSU – I love helping my fellow students learn how to make the most of Salem State!
- I am from Brockton, which is a city on the South Shore.
- I am a double major, getting my BFA in Technical Theatre, and my BA in history (I’m only one class away from finishing my history degree – so exciting!)
- I have what is probably an unhealthy addiction to Snapchat. Right now, I have a 508 day streak with my roommate.
- I’ve watched The Office all the way through upwards of 15 times at this point. It’s my absolute favorite show, and I quote it on a daily basis.
- I have an older sister who just finished undergrad as a chemist – we have different interests, but she’s one of my best friends.
- My favorite band is a tie between The Wonder Years and Balance and Composure.
- I love to relieve stress by swimming, though I don’t go too often anymore; I swam competitively for 8 years, and something about the water just feels right.
- My favorite places to go in downtown Salem are Front Street Coffee and Roost and Company, the coffee is amazing and Roost has such delicate and cute merchandise.
- I’ve been to the PEM more times than I can count, right now they have a painting by Tyeb Mehta in an exhibit on South Asia, and it blew my mind. My concentration in history is South Asia, so to see a little piece of that history here in Salem was amazing!
- Next summer, I’m going on a month long trip through Europe (I haven’t stopped daydreaming about it since I booked the vacation).
- I’m on track to graduate in May 2018 – know there is no shame in taking a 5th year to finish up school, and that many people do that! Work at your own pace.
- I live on campus in Viking Hall with AM Brooke and FYM Angelina. We’ve been living in Bowditch for the last three years so it’s been a nice change of pace.
- My favorite movie of all time is Howl’s Moving Castle. I haven’t watched it in a while, but I used to be able to quote the entire movie (I watched it that many times).
- One of my life goals is to have my own Pug, I love them more than most things.
- I really love flowers, but sunflowers are my absolute favorite.
Feel free to come visit me in the First Year Experience office on Mondays 8:30-12 and Thursdays 1-3!
Good luck with the fall semester,