My name is Patrick Braley & I’m a First-Year Mentor here at Salem State. Below are 16 (random) facts about me that you probably didn’t know… Ready to get started?
- I am a junior at Salem State with a Psychology major & a minor in marketing
- I have 2 cats named Haleigh & Leo… They’re adorable (That’s Leo below)
- I’m have Celiac disease and so I have to eat gluten-free.
- I love to cook & bake! I made these really awesome (and vegan) donuts.
5. My zodiac sign is a Gemini (June baby here). Some people claimed that the dates changes but I don’t believe them
6. In my free time, one of the things I like to do is unwind with some Netflix (I’m currently binging season 3 of The Blacklist)
7. I participated in Moving Forward/Giving Back, the 1st Year Day of Service. My group went to North Arc in Danvers where we helped run a cookout for folks with disabilities.
8. Confession: I spend all my dining dollars on Naked juices at Outtakes
9. After graduating from SSU my career goal is to open up my own private hypnotherapy practice to help people quit smoking, lose weight, reduce their stress, increase confidence & much more!
10. I’m a certified DreamGuide™ which means that I help people improve their sleep, interpret dreams & conduct workshops on the dream realm. It’s one of my proudest accomplishments!
11. I also really enjoy reading a good book. My recent favorite book I’ve read is called “How to Be a Badass” by Jen Sincero.
12. I’m low-key obsessed with the gluten-free donuts from Kane’s Donuts in Saugus, MA. If you haven’t heard of them before definitely go check it out!
13. In addition to working in the First-Year office, I work as a Desk Receptionist in Marsh Res hall.
14. I have 2 amazing younger sisters- Shannon who’s 17 (and growing up fast!) and Madison who will be 9 next month!
15. I was featured in the Alliance’s Raspberry Swirl as the host last spring. My drag name was Ophelia Oats.
16. Something else that I’m really passionate about is my work as a stage hypnotist. I just recently did a show for the SSU residence life staff training. In the photo, everyone was taking their best #selfie.
If you see me around campus, say hi! Or you can always come visit me in the First-Year Experience office- Monday’s & Wednesday’s 1-5p.m.
Good luck with your first year!
Study hard, be well & stay awesome,