Hi Everyone! My name is Kathryn, I’m a first year mentor at the First Year Experience Office and here are 16 facts about me!
- I’m an Early Childhood Education and Sociology major.
- I’m a SENIOR! Yay!
- My dream job is to be a kindergarten teacher! I love working with kids. I believe that giving young students a solid educational foundation to grow on, is key in their educational success.
- My favorite color is blue.
- I’m a commuter student and proud of it! I decided to commute to school because that was the best option for me! You do what makes you feel the most comfortable!
- My favorite drink is tea! I am obsessed with this Peach Tea from David’s Tea!
- I enjoy playing field hockey. I played all four years of high school and had a blast!
- I enjoy being involved in theater. My favorite productions I where a part of where, Chess the Musical, The Little Prince, The Insanity of Mary Girard, and James and the Giant Peach.
- This past summer, I served as the Producer for my local churches annual summer musical. This past summer we did a production of The Pajama Game.
- I am currently on the E-Board for the Future Educators Club here at Salem State and hold the position of Public Relations. If you’re interested in learning more and getting involved, like us on Facebook at Salem State Future Educators or visit the Education Department Office, Sullivan Building room 304.
- I am obsessed with the show Project Runway! I watch it religiously!
- This is my first year officially working in the FYE office and I couldn’t be more excited! I have been a part of FAB (First Year Advisory Board) for the past three years!
- I recently got into yoga! I love it! It really helps me when I’m feeling stressed. It just gives me that time to focus on myself and relax.
- This past summer, I went on vacation with my family up to Saratoga Springs, New York! It was so much fun to get away from everything and just spend some quality time with my family!
- I have a big sweet tooth! My favorite candy is Butterfingers.
- After I graduate this year, I plan on starting to teach and take grad classes at night.
FYM Kathryn 😀