As we all know, finals are coming up in the next few weeks and it is never too early to start preparing. By starting to study and plan your next few weeks now, it could really help reduce some of the stress and test anxiety that is creeping up. Let’s take a look at a few different ways you can help make your finals go a bit smoother!
One way that we can all start to plan our next few weeks ahead, is by utilizing your First Year Experience Academic Planner. By using this great resource, it is a simple way to keep yourself organized, and a great way to keep track of all your due dates. Another great way to plan ahead, is to start your assignments and studying early! Doing your assignments earlier than they are due, can help give you more time in the future for studying.
Using Your Planner:
- In your Academic Planners, make sure to write down when your last few assignments are due! Getting good grades on your last assignments and participation grades can really help your overall score in classes you may be concerned about.
- Make a note of the days you have extra free time so you can schedule some study time in!
- Write down the days, times, and classrooms of your finals! This is a great way to make sure you don’t miss your test or important deadlines!
I know as college students, we all have the tendency to procrastinate and wait until the last minute, but with finals coming up, this is your chance to break that habit! Do your assignments early, and start reviewing course materials so you have time to ask plenty of questions.
- Try not to stress once you see all of your due dates and assignments in your Academic Planner. Now, it is time to start knocking those assignments off of your to-do list.
- Don’t procrastinate, work on your assignments as early as possible to get them out of the way. This will not only help to give you more time to study, but will always allow you time to ask your professors any questions you may have on certain topics.
Go To Class!
I absolutely cannot stress this enough. Especially in these last few classes, you do not want to miss a minute. Professors are going to start finishing up their units and discussing their finals. Make sure that you go to class, and prepare yourself to ask any questions you may have. Your professors are here to help and answer your questions, so utilize your time with them and even visit them during their last few office hours!
Good luck everyone with your finals and I really hope you all stay organized during this stressful time!!! If you need any help please contact us in the First Year Experience Office in Meier Hall 100A or email us at Firstyear@salemstate.edu!!!!