Hi First Years!
Are you interested in scholarships here at Salem State? Well, you’re in luck because the AcademicWorks Scholarship application is now open!
What is AcademicWorks?
AcademicWorks is the leading provider of scholarship management solutions for colleges, universities, and foundations. We combine a unique blend of market experience, product innovation, outstanding customer service, and cloud-based software to offer our customers benefits that are unmatched in the industry.
Here’s what you have to do!
1. Log into your navigator account and locate the “Quick Links” section on the left side of the screen.
2. Scroll down and locate the AcademicWorks link and click on it.
3. Once you click on that it will take you to the main page and then make sure to locate the “sign in” button.
4. It will then take you to the application page. Locate the login box and enter your student login (It’s the same as if you were logging into Navigator or Canvas).
5. Locate the important information about when the application is due. Applicants have until March 1st to complete and submit their applications for review. Make sure to plan ahead!!
6. Complete the General Application questions. If you need to save your work and continue later locate the button in the bottom right-hand corner and click that and any work you completed will be saved for later.
7. Complete the last section of questions with a personal statement on why you should be considered by the Scholarship Committee.
8. Please note that you also need to included at least one faculty reference and email address for the application. You can locate the link to include the information next to the red arrow. Click that and a drop down section will appear for you to fill out that information. Located in the red box are the final steps to complete your application. Then once you feel that everything is correct you can locate the submit button in the bottom right-hand corner and click that.
Once you have completed these steps you should receive an email saying that they have received your application. You will hear back in a few weeks about what Scholarships you are eligible to receive.
Hopefully you found these steps useful! Good Luck!
If you have any other questions, feel free swing by the First Year Experience Office located in Meier Hall 100A!