April is coming up and we all know April can be one of the most stressful months second semester especially with final papers, projects, figuring out summer plans, and making sure you end the semester on a good note. Here are some tips on staying organized and getting ahead for the upcoming month.
- Make sure you have everything you need to register for the fall semester at the end of this month. If you miss the deadline you will have to pay a fee in order to register for classes and by then the classes you want might not be available.
- If you are planning on living on campus next semester be on the lookout for housing emails for your lottery number. If you are planning on living in a suite in Viking make sure you and your suite-mates are on the same page so that when you all are choosing your site there aren’t any complications
- Looking for a summer job or internship? Talk to your advisor or go to career services for summer opportunities. Waiting last minute can be stressful with final exams coming up but securing a job months prior will take a lot of stress off your shoulders.
- Looking for a job for next semester? Talk to the faculty in your department for any open positions and of course always check the student employment page on the SSU website.
While April can be a very stressful month there are still many ways to support your peers this month as they express their arts. This gives you the opportunity to take a break from all of the studying and late nights at the library.
- UAT’S SHOW (SECTION 7)- March 31st & April 1st at the YMCA in Downtown, Salem
- UAT’S BATTLE OF THE ARTS- April 6, 2017 in Vets Hall in ECC
- MSA’S KOMPA NIGHT- April 27, 2017 in Underground in ECC
- MSA’S FASHION SHOW- April 28, 2017 in South Campus gym
(Flyers will start coming out soon) !