Salem State University provides awareness to the importance of maintaining body health and how it can be neglected during the busy time of the semester!
There are an immense amount of events that are set up this week.
To begin on Tuesday, March 28:
- 11am-2pm stop into Viking 123 for the Fresh Check Day for booths with free food, prizes, and t-shirts.
- 3:30pm-5pm in the Petrowski Room QPR Suicide Prevention Training is taking place.
- 4pm-5pm in Viking 123 there is Service Animals vs. Assistance Animals
Wednesday, March 29:
- 2pm-4pm in Viking 123 for #EndTheStigma
- 3pm-4:30pm at Ellison Campus Center Underground come to the Supporting the ‘New Student Veteran’
- 8pm-9pm at O’Keefe Complex Pool there is Glow Paddle Yoga Class
Thursday, March 30:
- 1:30pm-2:30pm at Ellison Campus Center 219 there is a Bereavement Support Group
- 2pm-3:30pm in Viking 123 Helping You Help Others: Careers in Mental Health
- 3pm-4pm at the Northeast Animal Shelter there is Yoga with Animals so pre-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
*Self-care is for everyone and is also the same for everyone! If you are unable to attend these events there are a few tips to remember (; It is not a sign of weakness whatsoever.
Some Alternate Options-
*Take deep breathes *Drink some water *Make time for yourself or go exercise * Meditate *Practice positive self talk!! * Listen to your favorite music or go to bed early * balance the stressors of life
Us at the First Year Experience Office located in Meier Hall 100A are always here throughout the year and on any stressful day you may have. We look forward to seeing you and helping you in any possible way that we can.
~Thank you, FYM Dara