As registration is upon us, don’t forget about housing! If you are planning to live on campus next year, there are a few things you need to do before the end of the semester!
March 1 : Housing Deposit Due
Though the deadline has passed, you MUST pay your $300 housing deposit before moving forward with choosing roommates and a room!
April 1 : Housing Application Due
Once you pay your housing deposit, the application becomes available! There are four different types of applications!
- FULL APARTMENT (Senior-Junior – ATL BATES) Application (Fall 2017)
- This application is for upcoming juniors and seniors who have enough suitemates to fill an apartment in either Atlantic Hall or Bates Complex. You need 6 suitemates altogether for a full apartment.
- FULL SUITE (Soph – Viking) Application (Fall 2017)
- This application is for upcoming sophomores who have enough to fill a full suite in Viking Hall. You need 4 suitemates, or 5 if you are living with an RA, for a full suite.
- Rising Sophomore Student Housing Application (Fall 2017)
- This application is for upcoming sophomores who are interested in living in Marsh Hall or Viking Hall. This application is for those who do not have a full suite in Viking, or who are planning to live in Marsh Hall.
- Senior-Junior Student Housing Application (Fall 2017)
- This application is for upcoming juniors and seniors who are interested in living in Atlantic Hall or Bates Complex, but do not have enough suitemates to fill an apartment.
April 3 – Lottery Numbers Released
The lower lottery number one has, the early you sign up for your housing! You will be getting the date and the time in which you can choose your room. One lottery number works per student, so the suitemate who has the lowest lottery number will be picking for your group!
April 5 – Registration
Make sure that by this date, you are registered for your classes for Fall 2017. Remember — you must be signed up for 12 credits to be considered a full-time student and to be considered a resident student.
The person who has the lowest lottery number is considered your “Captain” and will be choosing the room for you! Not only that, if you are living in a suite or an apartment, they will be choosing which rooms each roommate will be living in. The dates are chosen already, but your times will be sent to you April 3.
- Full Apartment Lottery for Seniors/Juniors (Atlantic and Bates)
- Full Suite Lottery for Sophomores (Viking)
April 12 – Senior/Junior Student Lottery (ATL/Bates)
- For students who cannot fill a full apartment of 6.
April 13 – Rising Sophomore Lottery
- For students who cannot fill a suite or students that want to live in Marsh Hall.
Good luck with the lottery everyone!
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Residence Life – 978.542.6416, or firstname.lastname@example.org.