Something is changing at SSU! April 12th, salemstate.edu will have a completely new look.
Here is a message from Scott James the Vice President for Enrollment Management, Student Life and Marketing
- The website is primarily a recruitment tool to attract prospective students and to help current students find information and support their needs.
- This project is more than just a new website, the university also developed a fresh content strategy and developed other portals, including Polaris, to support this approach. Nearly all of the internal campus content has been moved to Polaris, Canvas or Ask the Viking.
- With a growing visitation on smart phones, the concept of this site is mobile first.
- I’m proud that this site currently meets the highest standards set by the Americans with Disabilities Act. We will need to continue to work diligently to maintain this status.
- You’ll notice that this site has limited drop-down menus and navigation. This search based site was constructed to support how students find information.
- ITS has launched a Google Search appliance that scans all public portals—website, Ask the Viking, athletics’ Viking site, Digital Commons, and public Canvas courses for information.
- When the new site goes live, please bookmark salemstate.edu/current-students as this link directs you to several logins and tools such as campus email, Canvas, Polaris, and more. You may also choose this page from the “info for” menu at the top.
- We are still making improvements to the new site, such as the calendar, news and the directory pages, and other features.
Monday April 24th at 11 am there will be a community wide forum that you can attend in Viking 123.
In addition to that IT created a survey to address your thoughts which can found here.