Hello First Years! I hope that this blog finds you all well! Warmer weather is upon us and the end of the semester is quickly approaching! With the upcoming long weekend ahead, I am here to give you some tips on how to make the best use of your time.
- Make sure that you take time for yourself! You have worked hard this semester and deserve to relax a little bit. Take this time during the long weekend to re-energize and then come back and finish up the rest of the semester strong! There are only about two more weeks left of classes and then the finals season begins.
- Take time out of the weekend to try and get ahead on course work. Since you have a long weekend, you can use it to your advantage. Get a jump start on those long term projects or start that final paper because due dates are approaching fast. Just beginning an assignment or project gives you that much less work to stress about at the end of the semester.
- Spend time with your friends and family. Since it is the long weekend, try and reach out to those that you haven’t seen in a while. Get those happy chemicals in the brain flowing! Spend time with some of your favorite people and an activity that you all enjoy!
- Take advantage of the warm weather! The forecast is predicated to be beautiful the entire weekend, so I encourage you to get some fresh air! You could take a small trip as a little getaway or just visit one of your favorite spots and soak up the sunshine.
- Catch up on anything that you need to make up for the semester. Since you will have an extra day to the weekend, you could use this time to do an assignment that you may have missed during the semester or fix up an assignment that needs editing. Just ensure that your professor is accepting late/edited work at some point before the semester ends!
- Enjoy your long three day weekend coming up and I hope that you spend your time doing something that you enjoy! Take time to relax and come back ready to finish the semester. Good luck with everything coming up. Keep pushing through because you’re almost at the finish line. I give you all my best. –FYM Mikaela