Hello First Years!
Are you looking for a way to get fit, physically and mentally? The Gassett Fitness Center is offering a program called “Breathe Your Way to Couch to 5K” that may be just right for you!
This FREE program through the GFC is here to teach you about meditation, mindfulness and fitness to reach your personal fitness goals. While at the program, you will be able to practice meditation skills, and work on jogging skills on the treadmill.
- Reduces Stress – Physically, meditation allows you to release tension within your body. This reduces physical stress. Mentally, your mind enters a state of rest during meditation, allowing your stress levels to go down!
- Increased Focus – Meditation helps clear the mind and empty it of clutter, making focusing on the rest of your day after meditation a bit easier.
- Increased Self Esteem – During meditation, one makes a connection with their inner self, and your authentic feelings. This introspection allows you to really learn who you are, putting you on a path to happiness!
- Better Heart Health: Running is amazing cardio exercise – making your heart stronger makes doing other activities besides running easier as well!
- A Whole Body Exercise: Not only is running great for your heart, but it also works out your legs and your abs! Your joints also get stronger the more you run, making you feel good and strong!
- Can Be Done Anywhere: Jogging can be done any time, even if you don’t have access to a gym, Just throw on your running sneakers and head out the door!
“Breathe Your Way to Couch to 5K” runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 am until 6:45 am, starting February 27 and ending April 26. If you wish to register for the program, follow this link!
If you have any questions about the program, you can contact:
Keli Howe (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 978-542-6537
Darlene Crone-Todd (email@example.com)
Have a fabulous day!